Tag Archive: ‘church’
Killin Church Hall up for sale
The former Killin Church Hall in Killin has been put up for sale by it’s owners. Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park have also approved plans for the demolition of the current Church Hall and the erection of a dwelling house on the ground.
Killin Parish Church
A distinctive white-harled octagonal classical church built by Thomas Clark in 1744, designed by John Douglas of Edinburgh. Inside has been altered from a ‘wide’ church to a ‘long’ church.
St Fillan’s Episcopal Church
St Fillan’s Church was constructed in 1876 by the Earl of Breadalbane as a private chapel for use by shooting parties, giving it the local nickname of the “Grouse Church.” It has been in almost continual use since then. Currently the church has a weekly Episcopal service and a Roman Catholic mass.